Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?Lowe Stinger 175st w/ 75 Opti?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?Lowe Stinger 175st w/ 75 Opti?

Been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to post. I have a ? for the guys with 175 stingers. Been lookin at these for a while and I think this is the boat for me. What is the top speed with a 75 on it. I am a reformed bass guy but still have a little need for speed. Thumbs Up P.S. Love the forum!!!

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    I would have to think that a 75 would have to push that 175, more than 40 MPH at full throttle.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe is a better boat than a Tracker, with that said I have an 05 PT175 Tracker with a 75 Merc and with all my junk in the boat w/another fat guy next to me I can hit about 42 GPS! It will go fast enough unless there is LIGHTNING!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I am lookin for, anything over 40 would be great. I have looked at the 195 w/ 115 but for the money diff. I think I would be better off with the 175. More money for extras:rolleyes:

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve I sent you a Private Message
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the exact set up your describing...will be in next week. Dealer said prob 30-35 mph would be top speed, was hoping closer to 40 mph. Guess I'll find out soon. Excited about this new boat setup.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, those are awsome boats. Hey let me know how it runs if you don't mind. Might step up to the 195 w/115 but thats a pretty big diff in $

P.S. I would think it should do better than 30-35.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a simlar boat with a 90 and only got about 42 mph, so I would say 35 to 40 but every boat is a little different.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends a lot on the shape of the hull. There are aluminum hulls that plow thru the water and dont go very fast. Others cut the water and go a lot faster.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I had a simlar boat with a 90 and only got about 42 mph, so I would say 35 to 40 but every boat is a little different.
    X 2 on what Seeker said..
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast