Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing multiple jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing multiple jigs

Hey fellows, got a question. When spider rigging and fishing multiple jigs on each line how do you all rig them up. I've always just tied the first jig on a left a two foot leader and then tied the second jig on. I'm sure there is a better way.

Post Thanks / Like

I tie the first jig on with a palomar knot then go up about 18" and tie the second jig on to the line using a palomar know too.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I have alwys done the same until recently. I have been making rigs out of 100lb test vanish. I cut four 8-10 inch pieces, they stay slightly curled. Then I cut a six foot peice, slide on the peices to crimp on the line. I spread these around a foot to 18" apart. Then I stick the small 8-10 inch peices in them and crimp. I leave a 8-10 peice of the main line off the top and bottom and loop and crimp a swivel on. Then I loop all the tags ends of the 8-10 inch peices. Then I add a 12" peice of 8lb vanish. I tie little snap hooks to each peice of 8lb test. I can put jigs on them of any size or color and can chage them without retying. The bottom loop serves as a place to put a weight when using minnows. I can use four hooks and a weight or five jigs. When I make the rigs I hang them upside down with nothing attached but a 1/2oz weight to straighten the main line and hangin them upside down will allow the tag ends to achieve more curl, thus holding your bait out away from the main line. It is a lot of fun but can be dangerous if you are not use to getting the fish off:D
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    I have alwys done the same until recently. I have been making rigs out of 100lb test vanish. I cut four 8-10 inch pieces, they stay slightly curled. Then I cut a six foot peice, slide on the peices to crimp on the line. I spread these around a foot to 18" apart. Then I stick the small 8-10 inch peices in them and crimp. I leave a 8-10 peice of the main line off the top and bottom and loop and crimp a swivel on. Then I loop all the tags ends of the 8-10 inch peices. Then I add a 12" peice of 8lb vanish. I tie little snap hooks to each peice of 8lb test. I can put jigs on them of any size or color and can chage them without retying. The bottom loop serves as a place to put a weight when using minnows. I can use four hooks and a weight or five jigs. When I make the rigs I hang them upside down with nothing attached but a 1/2oz weight to straighten the main line and hangin them upside down will allow the tag ends to achieve more curl, thus holding your bait out away from the main line. It is a lot of fun but can be dangerous if you are not use to getting the fish off:D
    Is there anyway you could send a pic of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THanks ahead

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, but I gotta take one first...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

JHawk... just use a 3 way swivel...tie one end to the line that goes back to your pole, then tie each of the 2 jigs on the other parts of the swivel. Works for me.
    Last edited by duke; 03-03-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 3 way swivel method duke refers to with a lot of success. It's pretty easy to rig up which I like. Just make the two lines to the jigs different lengths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHawk
    Hey fellows, got a question. When spider rigging and fishing multiple jigs on each line how do you all rig them up. I've always just tied the first jig on a left a two foot leader and then tied the second jig on. I'm sure there is a better way.
    I keep it simple and do it the way you do. Sometimes I add split shot above the first rig or between them. I also at times will add a long tag after the bottom rig for a 1 oz sinker if the wind is high.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

You guys using the 3 way swivel method----
    My jigs get tangled together a good bit of the time. Does this ever happen to you? What do I do to prevent it? Up to now I have just accepted it as a fact of life, but if I can prevent it, that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course the lines get tangled up sometimes and of course it makes me cuss and wish I hadn't gone with two jigs! There are lots of irritating aspects of crappie fishing (getting hung up, dealing with jet skiers, etc.) but I'd rather crappie fish than anything else I can do outdoors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast