Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished in Boonville yesterday

crappiebacon Guest

Default Fished in Boonville yesterday

Went crappie fishing in Boonville yesterday...74 degrees and beautiful... hit three different "pits"...crappie were small though. Only caught one 11", the rest were 8" and under. Used mostly minnows; tried meal worms and blue/white jigs. Several bass hit on minnows near fallen limbs. Beats a day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squaw Creek Drainage... Stay away from this area. Danger

You are aware of the Squaw Creek Area near Chandler and Boonville?

The local papers have reported that lots of toxic chemcials were dumped in this area years ago. Some are seeping to the surface and some people that did the actualy burial have developed rare cancers.

My fear is that we don't know which strip pits were used as dumping grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiebacon
    Went crappie fishing in Boonville yesterday...74 degrees and beautiful... hit three different "pits"...crappie were small though. Only caught one 11", the rest were 8" and under. Used mostly minnows; tried meal worms and blue/white jigs. Several bass hit on minnows near fallen limbs. Beats a day at work!
    Regards,

Moose1am

crappiebacon Guest

Aware of the news...known people who have fished and eaten fish from there for years. Never seen any three eyed fish. I wonder how many other lakes and rivers have had hazardous materials dumped in them as well?? You just never know.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check with your state biologist. I happen to know one and he will tell you the test they run are accurate, but most people don't know how they are run.Thats where the problem is. They take the whole fish, grind them up ,Skin, scales, guts , head ,tail ,everything. then the test is done. He also has done the test on cleaned fish and said there were very few contaminants. He also is not allowed to publish that. Give your state fish biologist a call and see how they do their test. I think you will be supprized. How many things do you eat thats not Cleaned???
    CVA62.....64-68