Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: White bass hook prefrence?

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question White bass hook prefrence?

I know there are favorite baits for white's, is that because of the bait or the type hook it carries? I think a treble is a good choice for whites, therfor I tend to throw a Mepps Spinner, of a rattle trap:D. My buddy swears by swimbaits with a single hook. What are your prefrences????
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Casting in shallow creeks <12' Blue fox #2. Trolling or casting in >12' rattle trap.
    James E Abell

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite rattle trap is silver with blue back. That is my go-to bait.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I generally only target whites when June is well on it's way. My favored rig is either to cast or troll a double jig rig. I still like light action for the pure fun of it. Many times when a fish hits hooks one of the jigs, another fish will come up and snag the other. Nothing better than having another THUMP on the line when you're already hooked up.

This is my best white to date!

Name:  White Bass.jpg
Views: 2488
Size:  40.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Definately a chrome/blue ratL'trap, or a strike king red eye shad. Sometimes I switch to a double jig rig if we are in them super thick in shallow water.

Post Thanks / Like

Hand tied bucktail on a roadrunner of some sort or a heavier jig with a spinner on it. Another is a jig of choice of what weight with a vmc hook and a white swimbait, preferably 3 to 4 inch. These two baits in river systems are great. I like to use (Gotcha) is the bait company in a 4 inch swimbait that peace of rubber can handle alot of fish before you have to put another one on. Here is another place I get in bulk 3 inch swimbaits is Action Plastics Home Page

Post Thanks / Like

Sold a lot of lt blue/white bucktail jigs, 1/4 and 1/8th oz on #1 sickle hooks. Keep 'em sharp whatever they are!

Post Thanks / Like

In Fisherman show today was catching the heck out of em on Rapala crank baits. Klackin Krank and Klak n Rap.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

I have used every thing under the sun. Trebles to me are a pain. I will only use a single hook on a slab. I use it to jig or cast.

Post Thanks / Like

Around my area on KY Lake, we use 4-5 jigs on a rig at night under lights. We mainly use fle-fly jigs and they work great. We catch whites, hybrids and stripers as well. I wished I could find someone pouring the jig heads so I could tie my own. They are flat eye 60 degree hooks I think.
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast