Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Chicot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Chicot

anyone fished chicot lately? i am headed down there soon and was wondering if anyone was catching any.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey hawgpharm haven't been to Chicot yet but planning on going Saturday morning. Will be putting in at Ditch Bayou and fishing along the banks. I did real good in there last March and April. Don't remember if it was this early or not but I'm going to give it a try. Ark. game and fish weekly report says they are hitting minnow on yo-yos, hopefully some will be hitting jigs.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

stumpjumper you do any good this past weekend? we did not catch very many. we fished connerly bayou and the north end of the lake mostly. with this warm weather it will not be long before they move in to the trees. we caught some small ones in 2-3 feet of water so i know it will not be long.

Post Thanks / Like

HawgPharm I didn't get to go to Chicot. I had some help to put out some fish shelters in Lake Monticello this weekend so I took advantage of that. We caught some fish Saturday but they were still real deep, but they were full of eggs with lots of blood veins showing so it won't be long before they move shallow. My post (Fish still deep? ) shows what we caught Saturday. Hope to get to Chicot soon will post when I catch some there.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, after i posted i saw your post on monticello. i cannot believe they are still that deep. this warm weather will have them headed to shallower water soon. nobody that i have talked to is catching any at chicot, even on yo-yos. i may go somewhere else this weekend if they don't start biting down there.