Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: reel review

Post Thanks / Like

Default reel review

HT optimax ice reels. just found some on ebay fairly cheap and just wondering if these would be good reels for rigging. i am just wanted a cheap reel to put on my spider rigging rods. what you think?

Post Thanks / Like

you get what you pay for. you do just need them to hold some line and apply alittle drag if needed. I am a big fan of the small pfluger reels and i have a few small pinnacle spinners Model# DUL20 that have been great for years and you can get them on that auction site pretty cheap I dont think I paid more than $20.00 with shipping. Great drag really smooth and instant anti reverse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

If you want some cheap reels get you some Daiwa Sweepfires. I purchased 3 of them for $30.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

ditto on the Sweepfire reels. $12 at Sportsmans warehouse. Work just fine for me . I like a bigger spool than most. It has a bigger loop in the memory of the mono line and a smoother drag. Just remember to loosen the drag when you're done so the drag washers don't compress and ruin the drag.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I was just looking for something cheap and effective. I understand the get what you pay for but it's not like I and fishing a crankbait in a bass tourny with them.