Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

Default HD walleye?

anyone heard anything about the walleye spawn yet out at HD? hope to be trolling crankbaits in the coming weeks... thanks
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

no good word yet still a little to cold

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo_boat View Post
    anyone heard anything about the walleye spawn yet out at HD? hope to be trolling crankbaits in the coming weeks... thanks
    think the eye fishers are more closed mouth than the crappie fishers? good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    think the eye fishers are more closed mouth than the crappie fishers? good luck
    Dem KS walleye boys seem a little tight lipped! I can tell you one thing, If you go to lake OHAE in June you can fill the live wells, I personally like the ND Side due to no slot limit on the bigguns, and limit of 5 instead of 4. And about 1/3 of the price to fish SD.

Post Thanks / Like

That prespawn bite is when the trophys are taken. Find dark bottoms, preferably shale or hard clay, them big sals are there incubating their eggs in the heat of the day. They are itching to go shallow, if the original river channel goes through the dam look on the northern bank for starters. If the COE's are letting out water through the gates, they'll feed there also. They will suspend just off the top of the channel and your graph will pick them up. If the oxbows form sharp corners adjacent to slow tapering points these are excellent spots also. Wallys and saugys get "stuck" in corners, it makes them cross-eyed and they're lost. The eyes love to sunbath in cold water, outlets can be golden this time of year.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    That prespawn bite is when the trophys are taken. Find dark bottoms, preferably shale or hard clay, them big sals are there incubating their eggs in the heat of the day. They are itching to go shallow, if the original river channel goes through the dam look on the northern bank for starters. If the COE's are letting out water through the gates, they'll feed there also. They will suspend just off the top of the channel and your graph will pick them up. If the oxbows form sharp corners adjacent to slow tapering points these are excellent spots also. Wallys and saugys get "stuck" in corners, it makes them cross-eyed and they're lost. The eyes love to sunbath in cold water, outlets can be golden this time of year.
    thanks for the info doc try to learn something new everyday

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, thanks doc! i'm not sure why anyone wouldn't share fishing info, as if there are only a few fish left in the lake... what goes around comes around i guess
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I moved this off the 'CRAPPIE' board. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

didn't know where this went lettin some water out at hd this week went down this morn tried couple hours below the dam nothing no one fishing face of dam

Post Thanks / Like

I went last night until 10 pm. 30 day nut hasnt started yet. Its So Close though!
    You know you are getting old when there is nothing left to learn the Hard Way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast