Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any body out there make a good custom crappie rod at a reasonable price?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any body out there make a good custom crappie rod at a reasonable price?????

I been looking but find it a hard bite 2 spend 200+ on a slab catchn pole???? i have a 5 and a half ft. all star love it but wantting some thing a little more softer touch...

Post Thanks / Like

try getting a hold of the lip rippers on the Oklahoma board butt if your looking for a great rod at a good price look at B'n'M

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    try getting a hold of the lip rippers on the Oklahoma board butt if your looking for a great rod at a good price look at B'n'M
    Lip Ripper will put you in a good 12' for 140.00. You do not want anything under 9' for sure, unless you are maybe cork fishing. You will not be sorry with Leland's rods, I bought a 12' and can not believe how light, strong, and sensitive it is.

Post Thanks / Like

one thing you must remember..you can buy a cheap rod,,,your can buy a good rod, but you cant buy a good cheap rod, some say you can but you cant, keep looking you will find a good rod, I would call JR at outlaw rod co. he is a guied on stockton lake, has a web site anglers midwest. I have 3 of his rods and like all of them, I do not have a 8ft. or less but couple guys I fish with do. they like them well.

sam heaton makes a great rod. light,but not as much backbone as the outlaw, good luck on your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with beagle.I have a 10 footer and just bought a 7'2 outlaw rod.I love them.Great rod and they won't break the bank. Look at anglersmidwest.com then give JR a call. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Call JR i bought one this past weekend u wont be dissapointed!!!
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the rest. If looking for an upper end rod. Give the Outlaw Elite IM8 woodgrain rod a try. Everharts has them in 8'2", 10" and 11". I think he has them in a 6fter also if that is what you are after. One of the best looking rods I have seen ever. Only one I have Used is the 8'2" in the new IM8 woodgrain but it fished fantastic. Should run you from $65 to $80 depending on length. Leland that was mentioned above also makes custom made by order rods that look great and have great reviews from guys on here that have them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm goin to throw another plug fer the 'Cherokee Rods' made by Leland Shanks, in Oklahoma. Hands down the best rod fer de $$$ ya can buy. I have been fishin his rods ever since he made rods for Crappie Pro. Still have sum 'Slab Sticks' he made 10 years ago. Plus a 'ground zero' too. Ckeck out his site or just call him 918-686-0375. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

The outlaws are nice rods for the money no doubt.

Whey BP has the micro lite rods on sale I think they are a great buy. I have a 6.5 and 7ft ul and they fish very nice.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks all for the info...... i know that there is no such thing as a good cheap rod. that would b like buying a good used boat !!!!!! i just have never used a 8-10 ft rod for crappie crappie fishnnnn..il give the outlaw a call. thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast