Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: seasonal

Post Thanks / Like

Default seasonal

Do you notice that certain blades and certain blade colors work better at certain times of the year?
    Thanks for your time,
    NightProwler

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. Why the seasonal change? Algae (Both "green" and "brown") changes the water clarity and the location of bait. Algae grows expotenially (Spell check) as the spring becomes summer. It really makes a huge difference. You also find fish deeper in summer temps so your lure colors will tend to change with those deeper depths. I hope I answered your question completely but let me know if not. Blessings, -TJ

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to "jack" the thread but would like to ask a follow up. What color blades would be used as the spring becomes summer? Thanks.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking more for which blade, (Colorado, Indiana, willow leaf) works better in which seasons or temperature? Also which color blade, gold versus chrome.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you now. As you fish deeper, switching from nickel to gold is the best choice because 1. "Darker waters, darker lures" rule and 2. Baitfish take on a golder color in deeper waters. Willow blades can get deeper, quicker than Indiana blades. I hope I answered your question completely but let me know if not. Blessings, -TJ