Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tube jig head

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tube jig head

I'd like to see a Manufactuer create a headless jig head with a very small spinner in between the eye and the body. Once the tube has been threaded on, the only thing to show would be the hook/spinner and eye. I'll take a residual for the idea.:o

Is something like this possible for your R & D?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Reaper. You are scaring me dude. I've got four prototypes of an in-line spinner in my drawer. We think a lot alike. The only thing I can't get my head around is how to change tubes quickly. (Like on a Road Runner.) If you can't change the tube quickly, it just not what I want to do. I turned one of those over to an engineer friend of mine and that was three weeks ago. The easy ideas like a "snap" is an invite to catch grass or moss and come and gone. We think alike, just hope you don't look like me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any problems threading one on fast. The reason I asked is I ordered a tube jig mold last month and was thinking it really needed a small spinner.

Post Thanks / Like

The hook would need to be a bit longer before the eye, but that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were speaking of a in-line lure. My apologies. I have shoved a larger tube over a RR head and popped the eye and the blade out of the tube. No one here liked it and the idea died the same day. (Tough crowd here on Mondays.)

Post Thanks / Like

It's basically exactly as you describe, but their is no jig head to deal with. The skirt wraps around the end where the head should be. You just start the tube a little down from the end then feed it through till the eye is the only thing sticking out. A special hook with an elongated eye would help to incorporate the spinner. This allows the front of the tube to be the anchor for the tube with no need of a barb.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I see. A tube hook. (Literally, like Southern Pro Tackle's tube hook) Then something for the blade to turn on in front. (Like an in-line spinner) That linkage is where my head is locked up right now though.

Post Thanks / Like

Not inline, I'll get back to you in a pm.