Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gold Willow Leaf Question from G3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold Willow Leaf Question from G3

Below is G3's question I copied from the other thread. Since he's a mod, he was able to post there even though the thread was closed. TJ can please reply here.

Good evening TJ....Its been my experience that I catch more fish using Road Runners with the gold willow leaf blade than I do with the ones that have the silver or nickle colorado blades. What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Slab; 03-02-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay, I got locked up for a few minutes. While the Indiana blade thumps better and slows the lure even more; the willow allows the lure to get deeper. Baitfish tend to take on a gold hue as they get deeper too. I hope I answered your question completely but let me know if not. Blessings, -TJ Oh, I wrote an in depth "blade" article on my blog last year. It's at www.tjstallings.com if you'd like to see it.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TJ....I have often wondered why they seem to like the gold willow leaf more.....I always thought that maybe it had something to do with the water coloration here in Mississippi and that due to that maybe the fish could just see it better.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

So which G3 Boat do you have? I'm moving from an Express to G3 in October myself.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I have a 06 G3 Eagle 185 with a 115 four stroke Yamaha.......but I have new boat fever so....that could change here shortly.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Looked through your blog and I'm wondering if this is the blade article you're talking about

"Why are there so many different Road Runner heads from which to choose?"

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! It looks like I'm getting the 175 eagle with vinyl. (Crushed minnows in the carpet is a bummer.)
    BTW- That G3 Angler175 is one of the best boats I've ever fished from. This is coming from someone that had seven boats in high school.