Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing at truman dam

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing at truman dam

Hey all,
    I am new to posting on here. I live about an hour from the dam and was wondering how the fishing was doing there? I have fished there a few time but just have never hit it right. I also here that it isn't near as good if they aren't running water? I am have the itch but with gas getting higher I didn't want to waste a trip. I'm sure I am not the only one. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i fish up there all the time bhind the dam.i like 2 go uo there when in its cold and early spring.why u may ask fish are in need of food 2. and very few peolpe up the in the winter. went up there about 3-4 weeks ago and caught some super nice catfish in shad heads.finding fresh shad is another storie.crappie was ok not really bad.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay, I would say from what I read on here, it is getting about time to hit the dam area, I talked to a couple guys on table rock they were bass fishing and we got to talking crappie, they had been to truman last week and caught a bunch below the dam, on the side where the docks are at. I only been there once but it was fun. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board! below the dam can be real hot in march during the pre-spawn but normally only if they are running water. haven't been since last year but plan to dust the boat off this weekend and fish next weekend! if i get out, i'll post a report, good or bad. hope you do the same.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Kearney.

Good luck catching some Dam Fish!

Let us know how it works out....

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck catching some Dam Fish!
    That's my problem, I need to catch a dam fish!! ANY dam fish will do right now! Just need to feel a dam thump, hook a dam fish, net the dam thing, and eat a dam fish for supper!:D

Welcome the site, and good luck. Hope you catch a bunch.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish