Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: March WTCC Meeting & Tournament Info

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation March WTCC Meeting & Tournament Info

GREAT NEWS... SPRING IS HERE!!! Things are about to get hot!!! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

The March WTCC Tournament will be held on Saturday, 03/19, on Pickwick Lake. We will launch from and weigh in at the Yellow Creek (State Line) ramp. I fished there this past Saturday, and this is an awesome looking spot. The surface temp this past Saturday was right at 50 degrees, and the fish we caught were fairly shallow (6-8 fow). If the water continues to warm, Yellow Creek may well be on fire by tournament time. Fishing will start at "safe light", with weigh-in back at the ramp, at 2 PM.

This will be the first of this year's "team events". You do not have to fish as a "team", or even have anyone else in the boat with you, to participate. The weigh-in will be conducted like every other... each member will weigh his/her biggest 7 fish. All tournament places / awards will be awarded based on individual weights. The only difference is that those who fish all four team events with the same partner, will be eligible for special "team" awards, at the end of the season.

For those who are interested in getting together and sharing a meal after the weigh-in, we could meet up at the State Park Inn (great catfish buffet), or at The Rib Cage, which is basically right across the street from the ramp, and serves a mean rack of ribs!!!

I am hoping for a great turnout for our first Pickwick tournament. Last month's Reelfoot tournament gained us some great new members from that area. We would love to have some of you Pickwick area folks join us for this tournament!!!

The March club meeting will be held at 6:30 PM on Thursday, 03/17, at Gander Mountain in Jackson. For those of you unfamiliar with Yellow Creek, I will have maps. We will also cover the TN/MS/AL reciprocal agreements and boundaries, so everyone will know where they can and cannot fish on their TN license. We will hold registration for the March tournament, at the meeting. As always, if you are unable to attend the meeting, and wish to fish the tournament, be sure to let either Tom Maclin or me know, prior to the tournament start time, so we can get you signed up.

One final note, in case any of you have noticed it, the club website is currently down. Not sure what the problem is, but we are working on getting it figured out and back up. In the meantime, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope to see you all at Gander Mountain, and at Yellow Creek!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am really looking forward to this tournament, it should be a great turnout. Chip and I will be fishing together, we're going down sometime on Friday and staying at the State Park Inn. Thanks for the local information (catfish buffet and The Rib Cage). See everyone at the meeting.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Got my fingers crossed, holding a rabbit's foot and looking for a 4 leaf clover in hopes that Paul will be off work!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Got my fingers crossed, holding a rabbit's foot and looking for a 4 leaf clover in hopes that Paul will be off work!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too!!! Really hope to see you and Paul there.