Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosie Minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosie Minnows

Wanting to buy some for the minnow pond. any one know where to buy them in bulk close to Barry County. would also like to Buy just the old fat head minnows for the minnow pond, just for raising to feed the fish in the larger pond, any one know of a bait store that will sell by the pound?

Post Thanks / Like

i think Chesapeake hatchery has flat head minners. if you find any rosies let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about by the pound but Tranthams on West Chestnut used to have the Rosie Reds, you might give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    Wanting to buy some for the minnow pond. any one know where to buy them in bulk close to Barry County. would also like to Buy just the old fat head minnows for the minnow pond, just for raising to feed the fish in the larger pond, any one know of a bait store that will sell by the pound?

BEAGLE, look up dunns fish farm in oklahoma. i have bought fat heads from them for my pond. if i remember right, they were 9.95 per pound and 300-350 per pound.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, all JLT I use dunns fish farm out of arkansas, I just thought ten dollars a pound was a bit high, I was thinking about 4 dollars a pound. but I will check them all out

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

the coons will love you for sure lol
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

they cost $8.00 a pound up here so ten not to bad

Post Thanks / Like

prolly 4.00 a pound to find little flat creek?

Post Thanks / Like

At some point are they self sustaining in the body of water, or is this something you'll have to do every year? I've never had a pond/lake so I wonder about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan they will reproduce in a pond, but my vegitation was wiped out by grass carp. (now dead) so no place for the minnows to hide, I put in brush,and plastic and have transplanted grass. now got places for the minnows to hide. and wanted to replace the ones that are lost to big fish over the last two years

spring hill dont understand your post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast