Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling and brim

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling and brim

Does anyone set aside one pole for brim when crappie tightlining? I have been using Gulp worms as an attractent along with nibbles on my jigs and have been getting some bites that take off the worm. So I fixed up one pole with 2 very small black brim jigs above a 1/4 oz bell weight and will be trolling it along with my crappie jigs. Mainly been catching crappie from 8 to 14 feet along the creek, hopefully some nice brim will show up. Been real warm here in east-central MS, don't know what that will do to the crappie.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

For me its more like setting a rod aside for Specks while bream fishing with the fly rod :D.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Likes PannieJoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, I have been known to target mutiple species at once. I got it from my granddad. He always, no matter what fishing he was doing, he would put a rod in a rear rodholder with a night crawler on it. Last time we went bream fishing he did it while flip'n crickets. He landed two four pound bass, he calls it the bonus rod.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!