Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help!!!!! trolling motor problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default help!!!!! trolling motor problem

my hand controll motor stopped working in 1 2 3 forward speeds but worke in 4 or 5 and wont work in speed 1 revers but works in 2 and 3. i figured it was the speed control switch and ordered another but when i put the new one on it did the exact same thing. has anyone had this problem. i am so frustrated right now, the weather is great and i am stuck trying to fix this problem. i also checked the brushes and they are fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say for sure (its electrical), but I would check the contacts (speed switches) in the handle and also make sure the wires are connected right. A voltage meter might help you locate spots that are hot or not. If that didn't do it, I would take it to a dealer or service center.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a somiliar problem 2weeks ago and found mono wrapped around shaft behind the prop, it quit yesterday took the motor off the shaft and found the mono had pulled the armature back so far the holders for the brushes were pulled from their mounts. remounted and put the motor back together now if it don't leak it's fining time. best of luck--shu
    <*(((((><