Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where did you mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did you mount

Thought I would get a few of you guys looking after seeing that title

I am mounting my Lowrance lgc external antenna and was wondering where you guys mounted your antenna. Lowrance says that it should be at least 3 feet from finder or it could damage it. Just wondering where and how you did yours.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is in front of the windshield on the cap, but I'm moving it under the cap up at the bow when I have some time. That only works on a glass boat though.

My current install is with 3M Body Molding double-sided tape. Has done well and no holes.

The 3ft thing is an interference issue, although I think what I've seen says 18". Some installs will work with the puck right next to the unit, and some don't. The LGC-3000 and 4000 are less prone to interference than the 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

Console mount is same place as Catfan. Front GPS puck is mounted just behind the Terrova base. Doubt either is a full 3' from finder though. Front is maybe 24" in staright line and console is maybe 12 to 18".

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help, I believe I will just mount 18" away, or something. It is a lgc-3000.