Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to catch the Big Boys?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to catch the Big Boys?

I am interested in learning how to catch the big bream/ blue gills. The 1 -2lbers.

I am sure others are with me, I have never caught a blue gill worth trying to fillet.

Please post some secrets? :D
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

fish deep 18'-25'.

Post Thanks / Like

Default deep

Deep in holes, brush, flats, etc?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught em off chunk rock in 50 foot of water fishing a slip bobber set at 10 ft on crickets. Gotta get the bait down past the small ones.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest fish are where you'd least expect them to be... hmmm... I've caught the best fish in a water hole no bigger than 10X10, it is an uprooted tree that has a eight inch inlet to it from the main body of water. I found it and others by accident. I had to use the bathroom and there weren't nothing, but mud flats, grass, and cypress trees. I had to pole the boat through shallow water to get to what I thought was a bank. It was actually a marsh flat with trees. I got up on a fallen tree and walked to the root, the water in the hole was black and deep. I saw a fish cut through the water and into a little eight inch channel under the tree to the main water. I found a spot took care of business and then grabbed my bream buster to check it out. I shortened the line, threw on a cricket, laid over the roots and every time it hit the water I'd snatch their lips off get'm out. I caught 30, my limit and left. I have since been there every year and done the same and also found some other places just like it. This is my honey hole and no one , I mean no one knows. Not even my grandad who only fishes with me. Every one I've caught is over a pound.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Hole

Hello Stumpbumpers, your post reminds me of a fishing hole I had here in Savannah. It was full of logs and stumps and I lost a lot of tackle but I always caught a mess of red breast and bream. I enjoyed the challenge of getting them out before getting hung up and breaking my line. I always had a good supply of hooks, sinkers and bobbers with me. Thanks Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I catch some nice ones in 50 ft of water on worms while I was catfishing. Always nice ones. have no ideal why they were there. or of there was a Nice tree in there but will find out next trip there.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default deep water

These guys are all over it. The bigger fish will hold in deeper water. Drift fishing is a quick way to find them.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep and near bottom

I've caught some huge non bedding bream (bluegills) in oxbows around tree stumps and at spillways where they are overlooked by catfisherman and crappie fisherman. Deep, close to bottom and with crickets or waxworms.

Post Thanks / Like

Deep water in an oxbow? Nothing beats catching a pisser out of the buckbrush in 15" of water, and that's if you can get him out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast