Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling in creeks...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling in creeks...

I'm a new member so thanks for reading my post. I've already picked up some good info reading some threads and articles. I have a question ? The crappie fishing is pretty good in a local creek right now and was curious about trolling with my main boat motor instead of my trolling motor ? I'm pushing a fairly large boat around for a creek and was curious if it might spook the fish since the depth is about 5-10 feet on average. I've had a lot of success in deeper water out in the lake but I'm thinking I might "spook" the crappie a bit in a shallow creek. Any advice or opinions ? Thanks.

Jeff
    " I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself ".

Post Thanks / Like

Boat speed is the problem, can you go slow enough? In that shallow water the fish will just swim to the side out of your way and after you go thru they will just swim back where they were., so longer rods might be the ticket,, or planer boards like the walleye guys use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - it can be hard to get my main motor in that certain little groove for the right speed. The more thought I've given it I'm probably going to better off just using my trolling motor. I don't need the extra wear and tear on my gas motor and risk some prop damage on all of the stumps in the area. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Jeff
    " I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself ".

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would be afraid I'd spook them in that shallow of water....but I'm far from an expert...just think I'd err on the side of caution
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

troll exactly like this and you will kill em!!!!!....I always troll w/my trolling motor...even pulling cranks, so im no help.....

YouTube - ‪Denny Hamlin fishing‬‏

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13