PDA

View Full Version : Friend

sedgeworth
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Have you ever had a friend you have never met?I have ,and his name is Jeff.Today i have read some very disturbing news.My heart is sadden and i am very depressed over it.
No, this is not even related to fishing here,but i hope it will not be deleted.Most of you will know what i am referring to.
I think i will go cook some grits.May even take him some at Toano.

PanMan_VA
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
You can meet up with us when we go to Pops in Yorktown for a foot long hot dog. All we need to do is figure out the date.

crappie12
02-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Have you ever had a friend you have never met?I have ,and his name is Jeff.Today i have read some very disturbing news.My heart is sadden and i am very depressed over it.
No, this is not even related to fishing here,but i hope it will not be deleted.Most of you will know what i am referring to.
I think i will go cook some grits.May even take him some at Toano.

Yep Sedge, sure know how that feels and it's even better when ya finally get to meet them and they are true friends :-) I think the news was very disturbing to a lot of us. That's why we should all be thankful for what we do have, hope, health and happiness, , food, famiily, and friends, be thankful for our experiences and our memories. Let's all go catch the slabs this spring!Thumbs Up

crappiefarmer
02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
A Good Fella going through a rough time. It is a shame. I hate it.CF

sedgeworth
02-28-2011, 06:28 AM
You can meet up with us when we go to Pops in Yorktown for a foot long hot dog. All we need to do is figure out the date.

Thank's for the invitation.That just may be workable.Maybe a lot of us should meet there!I use to go to Pop's often when i was working construction at what was then the Amoco oil refrinery.Let's all do a "Pop's Bash" with Jeff.

REDBOAT
02-28-2011, 10:24 AM
:( I hope everything works out.

dementia.1
03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I know I've been somewhat a "thorn" in some of you Old Timers butts, but I also know and like Jeff a lot. We are the "Toano Connection" and I'd like to be included in a Hotdog at Pops as well. If he's not up to driving, I'll pick him up and bring him there, please just let me know when.

Perry

kycreek
03-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't know him personally, but have come to like him just reading his post. Has to be a fun guy to be around. Wish him ths best.

Don G
03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I know I've been somewhat a "thorn" in some of you Old Timers butts, but I also know and like Jeff a lot. We are the "Toano Connection" and I'd like to be included in a Hotdog at Pops as well. If he's not up to driving, I'll pick him up and bring him there, please just let me know when.

Perry

Hey Perry, not nearly as much as Crappiefarmer.....:D:D:D

sedgeworth
03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey Don,I was at the lake for the past few days.Got the boats there,and the wind blew like a big dog.I kept them in the boathouse and thought maybe next week.I did see a start of random surface activity early in mornings.Did wvspeck,get out?You did say that March would get him moving.Say hello to Blackie for me.Don't be a stranger!

Don G
03-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey Don,I was at the lake for the past few days.Got the boats there,and the wind blew like a big dog.I kept them in the boathouse and thought maybe next week.I did see a start of random surface activity early in mornings.Did wvspeck,get out?You did say that March would get him moving.Say hello to Blackie for me.Don't be a stranger!

Went to High Rock and long line trolled Thursday..Caught 35 mostly small but had 1 13".

Blackie & I backed out yesterday going to SML because of the weather forecast..:(.Dwain went and caught his limit...That boy is good.Thumbs Up.I must have raised him right..RoflRofl..The weather doesn't bother him as much as us old folks..:)

"G"
03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Way to go Don! Thumbs Up

TapOut64
03-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Went to High Rock and long line trolled Thursday..Caught 35 mostly small but had 1 13".

Blackie & I backed out yesterday going to SML because of the weather forecast..:(.Dwain went and caught his limit...That boy is good.Thumbs Up.I must have raised him right..RoflRofl..The weather doesn't bother him as much as us old folks..:)

I love to long line troll. Maybe it has something to do with my catching my two biggest crappie with this method. (2lbs 9oz, twice) What speed were you going? I try to keep it at .8mph.

Don G
03-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I love to long line troll. Maybe it has something to do with my catching my two biggest crappie with this method. (2lbs 9oz, twice) What speed were you going? I try to keep it at .8mph.

George, It was windy that day. We trolled .8-1.3mph....Oddly enough most fish were caught at the higher speed but then again we were using 1/8th on some rods..

HeyCharlie
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Even though I am newbie here and don't know him, my thoughs are with Him. (Due to the respect you all show for him)