Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip suggestions please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trip suggestions please!

The wife and I are looking for a place to head to for a week of fishing in June. There are a few needed ammenities however!!!!

1. Cabins or resort on the lake with slip rental
    2. Semi close to a town where shopping can be done
    3. Looking to go to KY, MS, TN, AR, MO
    4. Good to great summer crappie fishing

I know this is alot to ask. I thought about Grenada or another lake in Mississippi. I am going to Kentucky Lake in the Spring. That would be fine, but don't know about the summer fishing. We have always taken our summer trips up in Northern Wisconsin. Thought maybe we'd try south if we can find a decent place. Thanks for any help with this search!!!
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw Marina on Truman lake. They have all you ask for plus great fishing. One of the best fishermen in Mo is general mgr of Bucksaw & a great guide also. Just contact Bucksaw & ask for Richard Bowling he will give you good info. There is also a tone of greats in that area also. If you decide to come up just let the Mo guys know & I'm sure you will have plenty of help.

Post Thanks / Like

truman lake in the summer is a good lake, good size fish. good food close,clinton is close for shopping.

lake of the ozarks for big boats, crazy people, big waves, and shopping galore

mississippi for giant fish, great food,

Kansas llllllllllllllllllllll

ok about anywhere is good except grand lake. gamblin to close, to many big boats most places

arkansas great lakes, good folks. freds catfish house

lots to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like

never fished it heard stockton was a hot crappie lake in the summer?

Post Thanks / Like

JT,

You could look up Jerry Blake down in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Beautiful country and from what I've seen, he'll put you on fish. Probably only need a day or so on the water with him and you could probable pick up the pattern. Between Lake Greeson and Hamilton, you would have plenty of water to fish.

I'm not trying to push you out of MO, just came to my mind when you said south.

U

Post Thanks / Like

stockton is a great lake in the summer, I was thinking from my perspective and I fish stockton all the time,, was think of the place i would like to fish, other than stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out our website.... Anglers Midwest Guides and Gear for the fishing reports archive.....give you some idea about Stockton Lake.....
    We would love to have you.............
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Truman area, and agree with all the above posters. I fish out of Bucksaw quite a bit, and you can get into some good quality fish, and in numbers.

If you've never been, Grenada is a great trip. It's amazing the how big the crappie get down there, and it's not just length wise. They are some beefy little bastards. With a 12" min, it really hurts to throw back some of them. Because back here they'd be the biggest crappie I'd see all day.

This was my first day fishing down there (we were actually on Sardis, but got the same on Grenada).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

If you choose bucksaw give me or several others on this site a holler be glad to help

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Bowling is a fabulous guide and manager! You won't be sorry if you hire him for a trip. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast