Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of Louisiana boating laws Saline Larto boaters need to read.

Post Thanks / Like

Default State of Louisiana boating laws Saline Larto boaters need to read.

RULES OF THE ROAD FOR VESSELS
    A. The following regulations shall dictate the operation of vessels upon the waters of the state and shall set forth a standard of operation. In construing and complying with these rules, due regard shall be had to all dangers of navigation and collision and to any special circumstances, including the limitations of the vessels involved, which may make a departure from the Rules necessary to avoid immediate danger.
    B. Any violation of the Rules of the Road as referred to in this section shall be prima-facie evidence of careless or reckless operation.
    C. Boating accidents caused by deviation from the Rules of the Road shall be documented as such in accident reports.
    D. The Rules of the Road for vessels upon the waters in the state shall be as follows:

1. 14. Vessels approaching or passing another vessel shall be operated in such manner and at such a rate of speed as will not create a hazardous wash or wake.
    2. 16.All vessels shall be operated at reasonable speeds for given conditions and situations and must be under the complete control of the operator at all times.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting to remind some people. I'd post it on the other page so everyone will see it. It's unfortunate that some won't care though.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I can say that these rules are oft ignored. I do take note because I fish from a kayak. Not many bass boats can make enough wake to bug me, but bay boats and crew boats can easily swamp me.
    The fish are biting somewhere and here I am on the computer again...

Post Thanks / Like

The basic boating laws are pretty much common sense, but don't try to explain them to a bass fisherman... hehe
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper05 View Post
    The basic boating laws are pretty much common sense, but don't try to explain them to a bass fisherman... hehe
    A bass boat on plane makes little wake. If a bass boat comes down, it makes huge wake twice. I appreciate the bass guys that speed up to come by me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    A bass boat on plane makes little wake. If a bass boat comes down, it makes huge wake twice. I appreciate the bass guys that speed up to come by me.
    100% correct,ANY boat on a good plane to wide open throttle will create less of a wake than at slower speeds...........

with that said, I find more crappie fishermen than bass fishermen will slow down to less than half throttle with the bow standing straight up in the air and throw me a 3 foot tidal wave,and think they are doing me a favor, I'd much prefer them to stay on plane or slow down to idle...........

Almost got thrown out of my boat last time out at Saline/Larto buy a fishermen who thought he was being polite as he passed me at 1/4 throttle with his motor trimmed up and bow pointing at the sky!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

And those guys wonder why I'm staring at them :lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe if everyone slowed down well before a sitting boat and idled by we would not even have a small wake problem. Now stopping just before a sitting boat will give the flood wake. But I have the common decency to slow down well before a sitting boater and idle by, then put the pedal back to the pedal. Gives me a chance to say hi to a fellow stranger as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey PMantle do you give the one finger salute too? Just joking but I sure feel like it sometimes. My wife is always telling me "Be Nice".
    Leave two for seed. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwalt63 View Post
    Well maybe if everyone slowed down well before a sitting boat and idled by we would not even have a small wake problem. Now stopping just before a sitting boat will give the flood wake. But I have the common decency to slow down well before a sitting boater and idle by, then put the pedal back to the pedal. Gives me a chance to say hi to a fellow stranger as well.
    I guess I'll just never understand that point of view. Please fly by me when I've chosen to fish in what amounts to a boat hwy. We will both be happier for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast