Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake larto

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake larto

Does Anyone Have Any Fishing Info On Lake Larto? This Should Be A Good Time For The Slabs To Move Up. Thanks For Any Info. Just To Let Some Of You Know, Henderson Lake Is Giving Up Some Nice Sized Ones At The Railroad Pilings Fishing About 12-15 Feet Deep Using Jigs. Benthook-----usaf Retired--1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

Benthook, I checked my phone book and there is no longer a number listed for Mrs. Wileys' boat camp, on Larto Lake. I believe she may have passed away, a year or so ago. This should be a fine time to make a trip to Larto. The water levels are low right now and have stayed steady for a month or so. There are some mats out in the middle of the lake that produce at this time of the year. The bayou that leads out of Larto and heads toward Saline Lake is also a good spot to check. The water is fairly deep at the mouth of this bayou. I've always had my best luck on Larto when there was a enough wind to rough up the water a little.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

pooch....i do believe mrs. wiley passed a way, but danny wiley runs the camp area. LARTO LODGE is still in business with cabins and launch. if the weather holds out i may give it a try next week. HOOKSETTER says it time i take her fishing and catch fish. thanks for the info.....BENTHOOK..USAF RETIRED...1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules

Benthook

I don't if you saw my post on rules but I will more than happy to send them to you just send me your ADDRESS. I have not ben Crappie fishing but I have ben bass fishing one day I cought 16,had 10 3lb. or better and 5 that went over 23lb. Went yesterday and cought 30 2lb to 5lb. But I hear that Crappie pole calling me.

Just let me hear frome you.

mikeg papabear01 bellsouth.net
    Last edited by mikeg; 02-23-2005 at 10:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey yall
    I was over there at my camp on cross bayou and spoke to some of the folks who fish every day and the crappie still have not turned it on just yet. With the rain and cold air they are still not biting very well. The one person that I spoke to that has caught some fish had 17 monday and he fished most of the day and in 4-6 foot of water. They are catching fish in Tue lake. That is between Jonesville and Harrisonburg La. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing saline/larto since October and had nothing but the best crappie fishing of my life, averaging between 30-70 a trip, fishing deep. This past weekend we caught 42 in Babay Lake fishing 6 ft deep. The crappie have moved from 15-20 ft deep water to 6-13 ft of water, and more so from the lake to the creeks and bayous.