Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling choices

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling choices

Kinda new to trolling for crappie and am rigging my boat for trolling. Need some advice on which system yu think is best Driftmaster or Tite-lok?

Been looking at all the catalogs but its hard to tell from there what is best

thanks for any info

cman

Post Thanks / Like

I use Driftmasters. I've got about twenty of them. I know Driftmaster is a supporter of this site, but it really depends on the installation and your preference. They both make great products. The Driftmasters can be purchased in different sizes, angles, and mounting hardware. They are very versital. You'll never break a Driftmaster, I've tied anchors to them. Not recommended.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling hint

Are you talking about trolling with the electric trolling motor? If you are, I have one suggestion that I have learned through experience. Put your gas motor in gear. When you have it out of gear, if your line gets into it, the prop will be spinning from the movement of the boat and your line will get twisted around the prop. When you have it in gear, it may hit the prop, but it won't get wrapped around it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the driftmaster on a round rail better than the tite-lok. You can adjust them to any angle opposed to the tite-lok which can only be adjusted in 12 different positions. You would be surprised how many times you need your rod holder to be in between one of those 12 positions. I have fished with both of them and it's just my opinion on the situation. I hope this helps.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF