Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Lake is on !!!

Ronnie Capps is offline Seven Time National Crappie Champion * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake is on !!!

If anyone wants to get a historical look at all the structure that has been hidden for centuries now is the time. If catching crappie is important then it is "off the hook" at Reelfoot right now. Limits have been caught in less than 2 hours by some of my friends. Fish are concentrated in the deeper water areas of the several basins and they are on fire. Navigation is actually easier in many areas since you can navigate around and through the standing stumps without going over them as which has always been the norm. The Crappiemasters One Day Event will be on March 5, 2011. Looking to see a lake record stringer brought to the scales given decent weather. Hope to see a bunch of my tournament friends!

Good Fishn !!!

Ronnie Capps

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasnt 10 hours away i would be there,never fished reelfoot,heard it was low. Hear on truman as usual the water is starting to rise,starting to get used to it,spring 12 ft high or more..

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Wish my local lake was that hot right now! Ours are bitin slow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot boat question

Hey Ronnie quick question is it possible to get around in larger bass boats or should we bring my 15 ft metal duck boat??? I did notice on Crappiemasters web site it says No Go devils allowed does this mean mud buddy surface drive motors are not allowed as well??? If so That will shot the duck boat in the foot because I run a 23 hp mud buddy on it! See you at the tournament!
    Thank you
    Jason
    Rockport Rattler.com. B'n'M Pole Company
    Ranger Boats-Driftmaster rod holders
    Muddy water baits. Engel Coolers
    Central Arkansas Crappie Association.com

Ronnie Capps is offline Seven Time National Crappie Champion * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can fish in upper blue and lower blue without any trouble just ease around. My 23 ft Ranger has had no trouble. If you get into the Kirby Pocket area or Walnut Gap area you will be in super shallow waters and it is tough especially when combining the stumps in the equation. As far as the surface drive engine... I have one of those as well and they are also not allowed in the tourney as far as I know. There was a ruling which allowed the boat to be used and the motor remain on the boat. As long as you could add a small outboard kicker or heavy transom trolling motor you could use your rig. I considered putting a 9.8 Merc. beside my Mudbuddy last year which would have been legal but decided against it at the last minute. Tourney can surely be won from a 23 ft Ranger!!

If I can help with info just shout. If you need anything when you get here give me a call.

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie thank you for the info that helps a lot we will stick to our Ranger for the tournament, if you have any questions on lake Conway or lake Dardanelle give me shout!
    Thank you
    Jason
    Rockport Rattler.com. B'n'M Pole Company
    Ranger Boats-Driftmaster rod holders
    Muddy water baits. Engel Coolers
    Central Arkansas Crappie Association.com

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot Rain !!

The rain today is likely to raise the level near 10 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know where I should go to catch off the banks?I haven't been up there in about 10 years so I am not to familiar with it anymore.Anybody up there rent boats w/o having to pay for the package?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron How about puttin a brother on some big blacks up there like u did last year. He He