Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Drowning at Moraine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drowning at Moraine

I was just listening to the news and heard that someone fell through the ice at Moraine. They thought it may be an ice fisherman. They did not give a name on the TV. Has anyone heard any more about this?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard any more details.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/7551179/detail.html
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he was an 69 year old ice fisherman. Went through ice less than 3 inches thick. Ice Shanty. com has the info if any one wants to know. click on the Lake Authur post.

Post Thanks / Like

sparkie51,
    I couldn't find the lake arthur post. Where do I look on the iceshanty home page? The other day one of the papers was reporting that they thought it was a teenager windsurfing on the ice, but I hadn't heard any more about it. It's a shame either way, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Police Identify Body Pulled From Lake Arthur

A couple of guys at work knew this man. He was ice fishing in the Portersville Bay on less than an inch of ice. In fact, some of the fellas that were on the news the other night at the scene were people that I know from fishing.

Sure is a tragedy and my prayers go out to the family, but this man should've known better than to be out there with so little ice.
    GO STEELER'S!