Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Breaktimes over

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaktimes over

Its time to start posting some reports.:D
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be reporting, but we still have ice on the lakes here. My boat is still in storage until at least April 6th. The warm weather that we had for the past few weeks sure got the itch to growing. Especially when the temps hit the 70's. I am going to be doing a lot more fishing this year than I did last year. That was one of my New Years resolutions. Will start reporting as soon as I can get out. The snow is FINALLY GONE and now it is to snow again tonight and continue through tomorrow. We are in the low temps of the jet stream that is going across the country now. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

doc,

What sort of a report do you want? I haven't been on Kansas ice since the 14th.
    North of G.I the ice is still ok, if you can find an edge that's ok. Catch has been mostly crappie, but that's all I really fish for. Been exclusively on big water, the I-80 lakes and other small lakes near G.I are too broken up. Been walkin only, not safe for the atvs anymore.
    Keeper fish have been shallow for me...less than 25'. Small fish can be caught in 30' plus.
    Heard solid reports of walleye being caught in staging areas...That's all I got.
    KS still got ice?
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

P4P,
    One with times and preferably with GPS coordinates. haha Just getting the board fired up, hadn't heard from you guys. Locally, we are back on the water with da boats, no more cutting in, dragging the equipment along, or worrying bout that bad spot. We've been poppin them prespawn wallys along with crappies, covering the surface like a flock of gulls. I'm not sure if Glen or Kirwin are open, but it can't be long. I gotta 30" outta Wilson and would like to get another 1 or 2 if possible. Last fall early, Kirwin was pretty good for the eyes my buddy told me, might have to give it a shot shortly. Lets get this board going, pass the word C.c

Post Thanks / Like

P4P
    Hey, do you have yellow perch in that area? Any size? Your in humpy land there though, those SD boys got me fired up on the Gills this year. I feel like I done alright since I've never done it before. Mid-week looks good, have fun the days are getting longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,

Yes and no….Close to GI, 30mi or less, ex: I-80 lakes and small ponds(public), I would have to say no because the ones that I’m aware of that do hold a perch pop. the quality of fish are poor.
    Exceptions, Le-Ray here in G.I and Bufflehead near Kearney.
    I don’t fish private sand pits or have sampling experience on private waters near G.I. so I can’t comment on those.
    Although, the farther north a person travels from G.I the better it gets. Davis Creek and Calamus are a couple irrigation reservoirs that hold quality perch, of course it seems like a person has to cover a lot of water to find them.
    Goose, Swan, Overton(only open for ice fishing), and Willow Lake all have perch pops. and hold quality fish.
    Of course state wide NE has many more perch fisheries. My recommendations are to follow the state fishing forecast. It’s similar to KS forecast and has up to date info.
    Good luck and that’s good to hear the boating season is open for you.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer