Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie fishing at the lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie fishing at the lakes.

Just inside the small township of Climax North Carolina,lays a small plot of land set aside by the Society of friends,called Quaker lakes.This is basically a retreat,for visiting groups that come for the fishing and use of the wonderful camping facilities.
    Today,the wife and I made our first(of many,hopefully)pilgrimage,to these two small lakes,that have been a hot bed for crappie fishing for as long as I can remember.
    after arriving on the scene,we tie a stringer to the top of the bag our minnows are in to acclimate them to the lake temp,and throw a few jigs around.No Dice. An omen perhaps?Not so!after the minnows have cooked enough,we decide to try the old foot bride that separates one lake from the other.Not even thirty seconds...Wham and bam,and we're talking less than 6 feet of water!
    To make the story shorter and so as not to bore the reader, we took 35 crappie in two hours worth of fishing and had to stop once to restock bait.all keepers,none less than 15 inches and mostly females.Hope this cold snap will be the last,really fevered up now.
    Down here it's hushpuppies,fries and grits on the side. Man.I love this crappie fishing!!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

yankees don't know grits

Post Thanks / Like

Hominy then.

Post Thanks / Like

they may know hominy. being from the south i know and like both.

Post Thanks / Like

Hominy,Grits,all good with the blue plate special of the day.always wanted to fish Arkansas,will get the chance soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Grits? Hominy? By the way I like my tea with out sugar. Nice catch fleekitch1.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bowler,just in the right place at the right time,I think.(I like my sugar with out tea....go figure.)