Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Batteries

What batteries do you outfit your boat with? I don't find much on the optima batteries on this site, are they worth the money or are you better off buying a less expensive one and replacing it more often?
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the optima. I only bought one and wasn't impressed. So I just stick with the others. Now this topic came up before and they got a lot of good reviews. I may have just got a bad one. I just don't want to spend that much more money to get the same result.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently asked the same question and just installed 2 Delco Voyagers.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the big yellar Eveready's from Walmart. Oldest one I have is only in it's second season so time will tell I guess.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    I'm using the big yellar Eveready's from Walmart. Oldest one I have is only in it's second season so time will tell I guess.
    That is what I use also I have 3 of the group 29 in the boat. The first 2 Trolling motor batterys lasted 2 years( And I run the fire out of my battersy fighting the current in the river ). I sure hope this only last 17 months they have 17 month replacement warranty.
    Pete

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 that i am still using after 5 years . got them streight from delco plant .bought 4 starting batres from coachman camper plant . they had some left from the cotrina campers . they are starting battries @ 29.95
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I us to use "Neverstart" from WalMart. Usually lasted about 2 or so years. Now I have a Denko (sp) for my starting battery and a blue top Optimu battery. I have tried to run the blue top down till it would not work, come home and it will charge in less than 8 hrs. ( on trikle charge). I would get both again. Really happy with them.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like my blue top optima. I would buy another one but I hope my current works for a few more years. I haven't run it completely down yet and I do a lot of trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

I Use Interstate Deep Cycle & Am Going Into My Third Year. I Got 3 Years Out Of My Last Set ( I Use 3 Plus A Cranking) But I Let The Water Get Low In Them

LVFISHIN Guest

I Use The Interstate Batteries Because You Can Pull The Caps And Add Distilled Water Charge On 2 Amps Get About 4 Yrs Out Of A Battery. If You Use 10 Amp It Boils The Acid The Interstate Rep Told Me You Will Get Longer Life Out Of The Battery On 2 It Seems To Work Use It On 2 Different Boats. If Battery Is Getting Weak You Can Add 1 Tsp Epsom Salts It Will Clean The Plates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast