Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduction

Hello all, i am New to Missouri just moved here last year, well its been a year now i guess. we moved here from Kansas (SW). i love to Crappie Fish and Hunt and all that.

i am looking for a good place to Crappie Fish, i live in Columbia. i am adding floors to a 14' boat i have and am really getting cabin fever.

anyone got good crappie lakes? mark Twain or Thomas hill, i know LOZ is good but i dont know anything about where to go.

heck id be willing to go with someone and split cost or whatever!!

anyways,

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with the Columbia area but if you buy a TOPO map of Truman and LOZ you can learn a lot. I fished Truman my first year there with out a graph and found some quality places. If you want you can PM me and I will give you a couple spots to try out.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for lakes right around columbia, try finger lakes just north of town also Little Dixxe to the east of ya. If you dont mind traveling then mark twain, or truman and ozarks. If you plan on fishing ozarks best fish from now till first of May and not to return till late sept or oct. Welcome to the board also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

If you're interested in loz come on down and i'll get ya started.I know place's that you can hide from the big boat's with your 14 footer.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Columbia also. We can hook up sometime if you like. There isn't great crappie fishing "close" to Columbia but it is decent.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the response.

yep i'll take you up on going to LOZ, that would be pretty cool.

Slipfloat, we sure could hook upand go fish somewhere. i have to get this boat done. one of those things that just seem to never end. but im getting closer.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the Fingers

I got into some poison sumac that forced me to go to the Doctor to get a Steroid Shot. Eyes were nearly swollen shut.
    It was spring time when I went up there.
    I won't forget the week following that adventure.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir kit beenthere with the sumac. It is a viscious? plant!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i love Finger Lakes, i am a LUCKY man, i can touch poison oak, or ivy and not have a thing go wrong, no blisters marks or anything.

Pisses off my wife, if shes goes out and the wind is blowing and shes downwind of ivy, she'll get it.

i dont know how i dont get it but i dont.
    it does look painful.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I live in Macon about 60 miles north of you on HWY 63. Fish THill and Longbranch, let me know if you want to come up this way, and we will see if we can work something out.