Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Pvc Condos/Boo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Pvc Condos/Boo

Hi,

I purchased the Jim Duckworth how to build Crappie beds....Well, I learned a lot...Here is one of the good tips that is on the tape....If your going to drop pvc condos/boo shaft condos in a bucket and you want to stand up {in deep water}......Get a short piece of chain and bury the chain into the concrete...Leave one link unburied...Use a long rope and put the rope through the link and hold both hands on the rope...One on the end of the rope and the other hand on the otherside of the chain link {rope}....The weight of the bucket will cause the rope to slide down to the bottom...You can bounce it off the bottom a few times to get it to stand better..Let go of one end of the rope and pull it back up..

Jeremy
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 02-28-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Stuff

Post Thanks / Like

i thought a rope would be useful thanks for the post jcd
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Here is another tip that you can use when making condos out of buckets with concrete....When you purchase your bag of concrete...Slide the bag of concrete onto the tailgate of truck where it is almost ready to fall of the tailgate.....Slide you wheel barrell near to tailgate...Put some water in the wheel barrell..Use a hoe and just jab at the end of the bag of concrete and let the concrete flow into the wheel barrell....Once a lot of it has flowed into the wheel barrell...You can just lift the bag up and pour the rest of the concrete into the wheel barrell...This is just tip to save from wearing your back out by lifting the concrete bags several times...

Jeremy
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

When I started out making them I was using an eyebolt in the middle but have since started putting a large piece of pipe in the middle and just drilling a hole through it at the top to put the rope through. It works real good. One other thing that I do now is to drill a hole at the bottom of each pipe before it goes into the cement. This keeps the pipe from pulling out after its set. Most of mine now are being made with either a 3" or 4" pipe in the middle of the beds and the using smaller ones around it. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

now you tell me jcd my old back needs all the help it can get good tip
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the "Building Crappie Beds" tape by Jim Duckworth also and I highly recommend that any one interested in building and placing there own structure get this video! He has a new one out about nightfishing for crappie that I am fixing to order.

He has a full page add every month in Crappie magazine where they can be ordered. the tapes are very reasonably priced and they ship fairly quick.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

I probably will purchase a few more of Jim Duckworths videos...The building crappie beds is really good.

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy the Building crappie beds if it was on DVD as I have no VHF or the want to buy one. I`ve got the deep water crappie video and like it. I fish the same lake that he does and he even shows some of the spots hes got pvc condos.