Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie niblet holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie niblet holder

Anyone make a holder that holds the jar and has a tray so you can leave them laying out?Any ideas

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just take a few out of the jar and let them air harden a bit. They will stay on a bare hook longer that way. If I am fishing a tube I will just use the bait pump.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ship...if they harden a little, they are easier to handle. I will show you a picture of the addition to our seats we made...pretty keen. They are made to hold pliers, a jar of niblets, a pair of pliers, an umbrella, and a tackle box tray. But, what we do with our niblets...we took an empty jar, kept the lid, and attached it to the top of another lid upside down. Basically, you have a lid on top of a lid holding your niblets (we glued ours on with gorilla glue and it hasn't fallen apart in 3 years) upside down...so you can keep your jar sealed and have niblets on the top of the jar in the other lid.
    That may sound confusing, but I will try to remember to take pictures tonight to show you. It works very well for us...no need to unscrew the lid 500 times...just once every now and then to reload the top of the lid...

mrwillis

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ............thats what i was wanting to see.........i thought about using a plastic storage divider if i could find one tall enough and drill a hole for the jar.

Post Thanks / Like

just carry your favotite jar of nibbles to the hardware store, plumbing section and find a pvc cap that is flat on the bottom, that you jar will fit in and then screw it to your boat somewhere. that is what I use and it works perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

outdoor specialty innovations makes a clip on carrier for berkely power bait products(nibbles, gulp, and gulp alive in the jars, as well as the trout baits)
    single and double holders, also have some holders designed for spray attractants as well.
    We hang them off the t-bars on our rod holders while trolling. they clip on your belt if that suits your fancy(great for wading).

HB