Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie articles and books about crappie behavior

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie articles and books about crappie behavior

Hey everyone,

What are some good articles and books out there pertaining to crappie that come from a more marine biology based perspective?

I know there's no limit to the insightful books and magazines about crappie fishing, but I'm hoping to learn more about crappie from a different angle.

Thank you!
    Jeremy
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Post Thanks / Like

I got the In-fisherman books. They are a little more scientific than most of the other "how to catch'em" books I've got. They have a lot of info on lake structure as well as the seasonal movements too but not as fun to read as the catch'em books, lol.
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto the In-Fisherman Crappie series of books. They cover fish habit, fish habitate, break teh lakes /rivers into groupings, talk about how the fish react to different seasonal, climite, etc influencies. Go over thier preferred food, and the food habitate, how they like to hunt, etc. Great series.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the In-fisherman books. Yeah they get a little technical but the information is excellent. They're old video's are excellent also, they've got some pretty good instructional video's from their new venture Anglers Edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone has said, the slab crappie secrets in'fisherman hanbook is good. Maybe a bit too technical in parts. Also Bill Dance has a book out that's not too bad

Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie Capps has a good book on crappie.It's more on how to but has some info.on habits,etc.Also some of his videos he gives info.on why they fish the way they do(which way a crappie feeds,current and such).He said on a thread that there may be a new one later with more info.Remember his partner Steve Coleman is a marine biologist.