Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass pro puts out mr crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass pro puts out mr crappie

was traveling through montgomery alabama yesterday and stopped at the BASS PRO SHOP off I 65 and got some sweet deals on all wally marshell products ( aka MR CRAPPIE ) the store clerk told me they were trying to get rid of the name wally marshell asap. he did not know more than that, hate to hear this i buy a lot of mr crappie rodes and reals. got a good deal on the thunder rod & real combo $20.00 reg 49.99 bought 8 (9ft 10ft 12ft) has any one heard whats up with wally and bass pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro bought him out the old WM products are now Crappie Maxx but I guess Wally is going to be distributing his Wally Marshall products through other places I hear Walmart and others I love the tightline rods and talked to Wally last year when all this stuff started going down but he was tight lip sooo...I can only go with what I see playing out. I started going with Southern crappie rods @ southerncrappierods.com check them out there a cross between WM tightlines and BnM's cheaper to I won't be going back to the othes rods. Just what I know and my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

i was at the pearl ms. bass pro shop and the said the samething today and had the thunder rodand reel combos for 29.95 had to get 2 12fts

Post Thanks / Like

the guy (clerk) said they were keeping the name mr crappie because they (BASS PRO) made that name for wally but I think wally may see it different (jmo)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up on wally, he is getting ready to get his rods out in alot of other places instead of bps. They are hopefully going to be alot more accessible than they have been! I would rather get them at the store then to order from some where! I talked to him last week and he is a really nice guy. In my opinion he is making the best rods out there. I have put mine through h@ll and they are still holding up! Keep up the good work wally!
    Crappie Xtreme/Rend Lake Crappie Guides

Post Thanks / Like

I work at bps and what rolled down hill from corporate is that wally wouldnt go to a year to year contract so they went their seperate ways...the wally marshal rods were replaced with crappie maxx rods and reels and they are the same thing as far as i can tell minus the name.
    Fish, Eat Fish, Sleep, Repeat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChickMagnet View Post
    I work at bps and what rolled down hill from corporate is that wally wouldnt go to a year to year contract so they went their seperate ways...the wally marshal rods were replaced with crappie maxx rods and reels and they are the same thing as far as i can tell minus the name.

wonder if both are made in the same country?

Post Thanks / Like

I seen the Clearence sell on the wally marshall reels in Bass Pro, I was going to buy acouple at $15 a piece but I didnt get my order in time and they were sold out.LOL thats the story of my life "Always Late on Good Deals!"
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, China! I just received a new B&M 12 foot West Point Crappie Pole, guess what? Made in China! Looks and feels fine, I think I'll peel the little sticker off, though!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    Virtually every rod under $100 is made in China. There are exceptions (like Falcon and All Star), but that's the general rule.
    Likes awfol LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast