Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about Power Drive Trolling Motors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Power Drive Trolling Motors

I was wondering how much noise the power drive trolling motors make when turning the motor? I'm thinking about upgrading from a 28 thrust Minn-Kota foot control to a 55 thrust Power Drive with Autopilot. Getting a little arthritis in the old knees.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

No problem with noise. I love mine. Everyone I've talk to likes theirs to. I don't have to control the motor nearly as much with autopilot, just a bump here and there to change the heading. If your in wind our current I can adjust my speed and set the heading and it will sit in one spot without dropping anchor. I wanted the remote but I don't think I need it with the autopilot.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

You can hear the motor turn, but the gear box is above the water so it really should not affect the fishing. Like it said, you can hear it, but it is not very loud. I think you will really like this trolling motor.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It makes about the same amount of noise that the trolling motor does out of the water without the prop noise of course. That is the best comparison I can think of. When you go fishing again I'm sure somebody will have one and let you hear it.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Stumpbumpers, that's a good idea. My wife and I are going to Crappie Camp for the day to meet everyone and for the fish fry. About a 2 hour drive for us. I'll bet I could find someone there who has one!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

BlackWarriortroller Guest

Default autopilot trolling motor

I was wondering how well the autopilot worked when trolling.Will it hold the course and speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one without the autapiolet and after using it for a couple of years I HATE the thing!!!!
    You have to understand though. I fish smaller rivers and big lakes. I changed mine so I gould fish out of the back of the boat and use the front motor and really screwed myself up. It's really hard to controle because the motor turns so fast it's really hard to keep up with what's going on. That is unless your up front watching the thing. Now if I had the Autopiolot I believe I would give it a little more credit.
    I'd switch mine for a front foot (cable) controlled in a minute.
    Mike