Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass Minnow Traps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glass Minnow Traps

I am getting ready to order 3 of these traps and thought I would pass this site to the fellows that traps there own minners. I have one of its about 25-30 years old of my dads and all I can say is that they really do catch bait. http://vmisales.com/glassminnowtrap/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

I called about there ordering in multiples and they are going to charge 18 dollors to ship 3 glass jugs. I am happy with that and going to place an order today. I spoke to a man named Steve and seems like a very nice guy.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an orginal orvis glass minnow trap that we used back in the 40's. don't know if it was this company but as with a lot of "old" "collectible" "antiques" someone started making repros and sold them for orginals at antique price. this happened not only with the orvis traps but with several other glass traps from way back. this in no way takes away from the minnow catching ability of the new traps here. they will, i'm sure catch minnows just as good as the old orginals would. i dealt in antiques and have seen several examples of different glass trap copies. turn the funnel downstream. they do better in some current.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at ebay there are vendors trying to pass off traps as antuiqes when they are not. I dont know what kind my dads is but I know its old and we ordered 3 of the one inch funnel traps. When I put his trap in the water I am extra careful with it. Now that I will have my own I wont worry as much when I am using it. I put the order in for them yesterday and when they get here I will post if they came in okay and how it was packed in the shipping process.

Post Thanks / Like

ez, put the old one up on a shelf inside your house. down low where it won't break if it falls. it is a treasure. and you are correct about people trying and do pass new ones off as old. to me it's the same as stealing because they know they are not old or antiques. i noticed in the picture the new ones look like they have a plastic lid instead of the metal one the old ones have.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the new ones have a plastic lid. Dads trap has an aluminum lid and man it can be a bear to get off if any sand gets on the threads.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that link ez.Thumbs Up
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyone using a glass trap. I was wanting to pour alittle lead in the hole where the feet are. This would be for some extra weight in the river in current and when waves hit the shore. I was wondering if this would be worth my wild and this would be for the new trap that I have coming. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't it be easier to get a couple of pieces of re-bar or steel rod and wire it to the feet. make it more stable in the water and give you more weight than lead on the feet i think. or you could pour some dry sand inside the jar for weight too.

Post Thanks / Like

Glass traps came today and they packed them nice and neet, styrofoam on the lid and on the part were the funnel is. All three I receaved look great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast