Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: looking for info on gps/fish finders..combos

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for info on gps/fish finders..combos

I just got permission from my better half that for my anniversery present I can get me a new electronics for my boat I'm wanting a unit that will show the maps of the lakes along with good fish finding and structure. I have read all the info about garmin, hummingbird, lowrance...etc.. til my eyes have cross. So what I'm asking for is in layman terms whats the best unit for the money. With the best equipment with having to buy all the optional stuff to get a good unit..

thanks
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Stumpjumper,

I had a Lowrance 332C that I absolutley swear by. I believe that it runs aroung $649. If that's to much the 480LMS runs a little cheaper. My partner has one on his boat and he really likes it.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

A hummnbird 787c would be the one I would look at they have all the bells and whistles plus real time sonar which means if y ou dont know what you see is what you get under the boat right then I like humminbird for the simple fact that the processing speed chart speed is faster than most

Post Thanks / Like

Ill second the vote on the 787C.Humminbird has hit a home run with the new 700 series.With the 640X480 pixels count its got better resolution the the Lowrance.I believe the GPS is alot more user friendly.Once you go color youll never go back.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were buying a new one I'd get the LMS334C by Lowrance. It has the built in antenna. Definitely get the LEI Hotspots chip for it also.
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

If money isn't a big issue, I HIGHLY recommend a color unit regardless of Hummingbird or lowrance. It's like watching TV on a color one and then black and white, there is no comparison. I've always been a lowrance man, but Hummingbird has really stepped it up with their newer graphs so much that I may try one on my next purchase.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

While we are on the subject, could someone explain to me why you would want a color screen vs the regular. See I'm a simple man. I don't even understand why you would want a color screen on a cell phone with a 150 different ring tones and screen savers, just wondering.. I have an Eagle Fish Elite 480 that suits me fine ( not a bad price either ). So give me some insight, always willing to learn..

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=speedy]While we are on the subject, could someone explain to me why you would want a color screen vs the regular.

I was kind of wonder also the pro's and con's if any about what good the color units are over the black and grey?
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know too, other than being ""pretty" I dont care about that, how does the color help the fishablity?