Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going Fishing in Eureka this friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going Fishing in Eureka this friday

First day out this year and looking forward to it..Excellent crappie fishing in Eureka but not real big slabs..I used to fish Cheney for crappie but fish and game stocked the white perch and ruined it..El Dorado now has the Zebra Mussel and that hasn't helped it either, so I'm having to drive a ways...I enjoy fishing overpopulated crappie lakes you don't get skunked as often and I also just have a puddle jumper with a trolling motor..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not bitting yesterday

Had a friend out yesterday at Eureka (Feb 28 and caught no fish) hope I can find em friday....

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was a chilly morning and eventually found a few crappie at Eureka in 12 foot of water off the channel. Only caught 7 crappie and 1- 14 inch bass( released). We got over to Fall River about 1 pm.. Worked the dam with no luck or strikes but there is a launch ramp on the extreme west end of dam and a brush pile right there exposed and caught 6 more crappie only one decent size though...Water temperature felt like 40 degrees, good fishing still a ways off...

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing yesterday with my buddy at Eureka and we had a good day..We found the fish in about 10 to 12 foot of water on the brush piles and next to them..The females eggs are not full yet but the males are taking on color..Red and Chartruese and Blue and white were popular colors..We cleaned 50 fish total..We caught and released 7 bass which were about 13 to 15 inches each..One bluegill and a black crappie..With decent weather I'd estimate they'll be in the banks about the last week of the month...good fishing everyone