Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O Pines Slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake O Pines Slabs

Has anyone started catching crappie on Lake O Pines Yet. Am I asking too early and are they moving out to the creek channel yet or is it still too warm and if so is anyone catching them in shallow creeks
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather finally starting to change now guess they should be moving .

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Has anyone started catching crappie on Lake O Pines Yet. Am I asking too early and are they moving out to the creek channel yet or is it still too warm and if so is anyone catching them in shallow creeks
    Bella.
    I am right down the road in East Texas. Crappie fishing has really dropped off for us on Tyler and Palestine. Its seems to be a mystery right now. We were catching limits of small fish up until about 2 weeks ago. We all kept saying " Boy I wish we could get some cooler weather in to move in the shad into the back waters and bring the bigger crappie into our piles". When that happened it some how just shut down our fish. There not in the 10'-18' brushpiles or in the baited/brushed boat stalls I keep my barge in, where we normally do well this time of year. Our water temp is about 68 now. They normally dont move out into the main lake until its about 55. We'll just keep searching until we find em. They will move one way or another soon. Good luck fishing. Let me know how your doing this fall/ winter.