Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is it Worth?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much is it Worth?

How much do you guys think its worth? Guy has hinted that he will take
    $2,000 - $2,200. Is this to much or would you pay it?

Motor is 9 months old 15HP Yamaha. Boat is 1432, approx. 4yrs old. A little small but just looking for a one man, spawn (shallow) fisher. I already have a larger boat for the Troll and big water. Guy has another boat and looking to sell for enough to get a new motor for his new boat. Only concern is the motor to big for the boat. Boat is actually rated for 9.9 I think, but will check for sure.

Thanks guys and your feedback is appreciated. I am trying to build a case to convince the wife.

JigMaster

Post Thanks / Like

The motor is worth that. He's just throwing in the boat and trailer. That will last you a long time. The motor will be fine, if the boat don't sink:D . You should be fine if its two fast, just slow down. Check this link for new aluminum boats http://www.akmccallumco.com/boats-main.htm Remember you can always upgrade the boat to 16' modV welded for $1500-$1800. Or buy a used one for around $800-$1000. Sell the little boat and that trailer will work for the 16' modV. You'd be in a new boat and almost new motor for a little over $3000.
    Last edited by stumpbumpers; 02-28-2006 at 12:37 AM.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would give em 2 grand in a heartbeat just for the motor.

Now the motor may be bigger than the boat is rated for but your from Mississippi. Surely you can find a good shade tree boat man to make sure that transoms up to snuff and its not going to rip the back end out of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like your paying too much. Sure a new yamaha is worth about that much But you could get a better deal on a used 15hp outboard. Now is really not prime time for bargin shopping for fishing boats fall. Is a motor by it self wont fish but a boat will fish. You can find some real good bargins on ebay but you have to drive. I've seen MUCH better deals on (boat + motor+trailer & acc.) I bought one this fall for instance. 14" Duracraft+ 15hp evinrude+ trailer + Motor guide deck mount . Why was this such a bargin at $1100.00? Cause the whole outfit is great-neat, fully rigged, complete nothing to do but go fishing. I think you can do better.
    That is a great motor. I'd prefer a 4-stroke 15 nissan.
    I've seen those new for $1800.00 AMEN
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

The motor is nice but the rest is...a death trap...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take it.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I'd check with a Yamaha dealer & find out what a new motor would cost.And then go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider the amount of time it would take you to get this boat up to par. Or changing out the hull to something better. Or fixing the trailer cause that thing doesn't look too good! True, the motor isn't bad at all but you'd be buying a decent motor on a "piece" which in turn would cause you to have to spend more money fixing up your "piece". So would it really be that good of a deal? maybe not. If you can manage to get it for a steal ($1500), it may be worth it. That's my 2 cents! Good luck!
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy;
    Stumpbumpers has it about right, most of those dealers out there, when they sell ya boat, motor, and trailer are just charging you for the motor and throwin' the rest in. The boat is the same as Bill Dance uses when you see him in his square nosed jon and he's got a 15 hp. hung on the back. there should be one of those capacity plates stuck on there in the back somewhere. plus if you go to http://www.myjonboat.com/index.htm they got some-kinda nice plans for modifying it later, or while you wait for it to warm up some more. Good luck.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In Georgia you'd buy that boat for less money than that used.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast