Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Conway

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Conway

Anyone consistantly fish the Pierce Creek area of lake conway? I think it is the south/south-eastern part. I use a trolling motor to get around so is this a good place or should I keep driving to a better place?

Post Thanks / Like

Good part of the lake at times. Maybe a little early to hit that end of the lake. Try gold creek/palarm creek this time of the year and match the hatch with your jigs. Solid Chart./red head and tipped with a minnow works out there really well especially in the neighborhood pond. If warm weather keeps up, try the very end of Gold Creek, where it actually turns into a large ditch and fish the last culdesac around the lilly pads. Also, 2" Yum wooly beavertails work well out there. The black/pink with a bass assasin jig head in a chart. color does o.k. for me. I hope this helps!
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

anything helps......
    I have been wanting to go out but I am not about to battle this wind!
    The warm weather is here though!!!

tonyjohn Guest

me and a friend caught 23 yesterday morning (3/1) in the gold creek area. fished daylight till 9am. some were 'hammers' in the 2+ lb range.

tonyjohn Guest

Just got in from Conway , fished just like I did wedenesday , only caught 6 ? Front got them i guess.

smallingboy105 Guest

Fished Conway All Day Long Found A Big Bed Of Crappie And Caught 46 All 2gather Me And My Son! Dicks Creek Area! Eatin A Good Meal!

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a good one, probably a 2 lb er on Conway last week over my Spring Break. We were fishing the Dick's Creek area and were just fishing stumps along a flat. My fish ended up being male. The dude was about 16-17 inches. Had lots of weight on him. Other than him and a 11-incher, it was slow. Did catch two chain pickerel though.

I bet the fronts going through down there messed em up.
    Last edited by FroMan; 03-19-2006 at 12:28 AM.
    πνεύμα γέμισα