Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exchange a trip????

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Exchange a trip????

I've been a member of Crappie.Com for over 6 years now and can someone correct me if I'm wrong? I don't ever recall reading a post concerning "Exchange a Trip". I've seen other fishing forums that have them and they seem to be a success. Briefly, here's the way they work...........Let's say that I live and fish in Tennessee and I want to fish a lake in Arkansas. I would post the lakes in Tn. that I fish and that I would be willing to show someone from Ark. around on my Tn. lakes in my boat or theirs. In exchange, the angler from Ark. would do the same for me on lakes in Ark. Your fishing abilities could be varified by C.C members in your area. If you'll Google "trade a trip fishing crappie" you'll find lots of posts. If we had a seperate section on Crappie.Com I bet it would be a success. What do you think??

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

who in there right mind would want to come north to fish????????
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I go north to fish in TN all the time....I love DaleHollow lake in TN .....sometimes I fish Reelfoot also.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billbob View Post
    who in there right mind would want to come north to fish????????
    Maybe they want to fish for yellow perch or walleye...they sure wouldn't be coming too far north to catch bigger slabs!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you posted this! I have thought about posting this same thing but didn't know if folks would be interested! It works on hunting forums and don't see why it wouldn't work here with all the good folks on here! I would suggest you have a clear understanding of expectations and any rules you may personally have fishing with someone you dont know that well! I fish Weiss and Neely Henry and would swap a trip with someone with the same standards as me.....not trying to discriminate but I'm a Christian and Pastor and just dont want to hook up with someone drinking or swearing! Its those type things that everyone would need to be honest and upfront about to ensure a pleasant trip. I think this needs its on section called "Fishing Swaps"
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said MePreach. All parties involved would have to work things out to their likeing. As far as fishing up north goes, some of the best fishin I've ever had was a thousand or more miles north of Tennessee!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this idea works out for Crappie.com. I think it is one of the best ideas I have heard in a while. So many good fisherman on this board with so many different places and techniques. As far as not wanting to "go up north", I would love go north and catch a big mess of yellow perch. I paid $14.00 a plate for a few perch fillets in Michigan. Man, were they good! I also would like to do some trout fishing somewhere. I see lots of potential for instance I have a pretty good place (private land) to deer hunt for a father/son, lots of strip pits to fish, good turkey hunting (public land). Excellant bass fishing on a 800 acre lake 7 miles from my house. Good idea hope it pans out! Call it "TRADE A TRIP".

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in.
    I'll be fishing Kentucky Lake around Murray June 18-22nd 2012.
    If your ever in Central Illinois without a boat, I can take you out fishing, not saying I'm guide material, but willing to share the ride with any one interested. I'll take you out to my favorite holes and see what bites. If you need gear, let me know, I'll bring enough poles and tackle for both of us. I live in the Peoria area, if your in town for Caterpillar or State Farm, or any other company event or any of the sporting events we cna hook up. If its after Oct0ber-November we can stop by the new Bass Pro Shop. It should be done by then. If you have more in your group, Ill see what I can do to get enough boat seats for all of us.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm! I thought this would have a huge response!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MePreach View Post
    Hmmmm! I thought this would have a huge response!
    to tell you the truth sir, we have been doing just what you were posting, just never made a formal post about it, on the missouri board guys are swapping trips all the time. it works out great for all involved, lots of the guys that fish truman lake will meet a new fisherman at the dock and load him, ole bwillaub haulled a guy from the south just last year, we do it all the time, good post hope it gets more response.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast