PDA

View Full Version : Wally Marshall rod ?

Tight Line Fever
02-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I am using some of the Tightline rods now 1/2 ounce weight. How would the Universal rods work for tightlineing with this much weight. Thanks for any info.

fishdoc
02-27-2006, 07:53 PM
in my experience, not nearly as well as the wally titeliners..they the best tool i've found for that job!

PanMan_VA
02-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I use WM Universal Signature Series rods from 9' to 11' long to titeline up to 3/4 ounce. I also pull small cranks with them. They do fine, but I would not use any more weight or go to a longer rod. I would chose a slightly heaver action rod for that.

LYNYRD
02-28-2006, 04:01 AM
I use the Universals with 1/2 ounce weights for spider rigging and have wondered how much better the tightlines would be too. I haven't had any problem, the rods support the weight very well IMHO. I am about to order 4 more if that tells you how much I like them. But then again I am not a pro at this stuff either. Hope this helps. I think you will be fine getting some with the sales they have going now.

ReelFun
02-28-2006, 08:02 AM
I have the same ones as PanMan Va does and have put up to 2oz on them. They bend a bit but in my experience still have the backbone to get a hook set. Course I guess I work with what I have.