Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Lakemaster" Vs "Navionics" Chip for Truman lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Lakemaster" Vs "Navionics" Chip for Truman lake?

Bought both recently. One for Truman lake ( Navionics south hotmaps) the other for wisconsin (" Lakemaster "). I fish truman lake in the spring (CDC crappie camp) and wanted to have a new chip for my new Humminbird 597ci di hd locater.

I called navionics to see if the map of Truman lake was the same on the regular "hotmaps" and "premium Hot maps" that would work on this unit. I was told by navionics that they were identical in detail. They e-mailed me a couple of screen shots of the main lake. The few screenshots of the main lake looked good. When I recieved this chip I installed it in the new hb unit and was very dissapointed. The "South hotmaps" did not have any detail of any secondary bays or even a basic outline of the upper end of Tebo creek on this chip. I felt ripped off by navionics.

I also have a lowerance 522c-igps that i have a three year old chip of "fishing HOT Spots fhsp southern usa 286 premier lakes" that has very god detail of truman and all of its secondary bays and upper ends. This chip is not compatible with my new HB unit.

I also own a navionics map of wisconsin for the lowerance unit. This chip also gives only the main channels and very few secondary bay depths.

The "Lakemaster" chip I purchased recently for my new HB unit floored me with detail I have never expierienced in map chipping before. I have fished the upper Mississippi River for over 40 years, 30 years as a fishing guide and never saw a map or chip of this body of water that was as accurate in detail of almost every bay slough and channel. as "Lakemaster" chips are.
    After review The Lakemaster chips in my opinon are hands down the best navigation software I can purchase for my HB unit.

My only problem is there are no Lakemaster chips for the state of Missiouri. Does anyone out there know of a product that offers "All" of Truman lake on a chip that is compatible with the Humminbird 597ci di hd.

P.S. I posted this also on the electronics forum looking for a remedy.
    Crappie Fishing- Lots of Run...Sun...Fun...Catch a Ton...Or Didn't Get None!

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph get you a silverside chip, it shows it all............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Maybee I could insert the "silverside chip" in my boat When "OTD" Are down the week of Crappie camp! HA HA!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Your going to want to be in the Grand arm so no need for great detail of Tebo arm. The lake was partially froze when they mapped the lake last time is why the upper ends of the lake do not show up. Same for the backs of major coves. "bays" for you northern guys. I hope to be able to take the whole week off work to show you guys around a little better than last year. I may not camp all week but hope to be off to fish all week. I only live about 3 minutes from where you guys are staying so may have to meet up a night or two early in the week for some good eats and a drink or two amd lay out a game plan for you two. Should be some good spider rigging going on during camp. Will just have to hope the weather cooperates a little better this year than what it has been the last few years. Can't wait to see you and Bruce again and hopefully put you on some better amd more fish. Better bring more hat pins with you for the over 12" fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Jarod. Bruce and I will take you up on your offer only if it does not interfere with your family or work... as far as the weather goes, it is what it is. if it pours down real hard Bruce and I may venture down to springfield to BPS to see thier indoor freshwater museum/aquarium and check out the place. any way we always have fun down in your neck of the woods due to the most generous hospitality show by all you good folks down in Mo. Our offer to you and our other CDC friends to come up our way always stands also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Your going to want to be in the Grand arm so no need for great detail of Tebo arm. The lake was partially froze when they mapped the lake last time is why the upper ends of the lake do not show up. Same for the backs of major coves. "bays" for you northern guys. I hope to be able to take the whole week off work to show you guys around a little better than last year. I may not camp all week but hope to be off to fish all week. I only live about 3 minutes from where you guys are staying so may have to meet up a night or two early in the week for some good eats and a drink or two amd lay out a game plan for you two. Should be some good spider rigging going on during camp. Will just have to hope the weather cooperates a little better this year than what it has been the last few years. Can't wait to see you and Bruce again and hopefully put you on some better amd more fish. Better bring more hat pins with you for the over 12" fish.

Post Thanks / Like

badaxed, did the chip not provide ANY detail for the coves or creek arms off of the main channel? Areas like Cedar Creek or Hay Creek on the grand arm, did they cover those types of areas at all? Or was it just poor coverage only in a few isolated areas? I had planned to get one, but not sure now if they don't provide good coverage where I like to fish. I wasn't aware of this, sure seems like something that Navionics would be working to correct. That is pretty sad service IMO. Not good.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

None, NADA, ZIP. I was extremely dissapointed. I ordered this chip from BPS after I called Navionics and they sent me a few screen picks of the dam/main lake area. The upper ends of the grand and tebo creek were not even on the chip. I did not see any of the coves with depths. some coves were not on the chip. I will not buy a navionics chip again. It could be possible that there may be good maps on some of the higher end HB or Lowerance units. The uni map that is installed on my new hb597 ci di hd has at least shorlines but no depth lines for truman. I will at least be able to navigate as I have an old fishing Hotspots map tha provides decent detail, just will not be a able to use the navionics chip much on my new locater/gps. You open the chip from the package and you can not return it. I feel ripped off by these yahoo's. on the flip side I called lakemaster about Mo. It is in thier near future to do Mo. It is incredible with the interactive depths and colors what you can do with the Lakemaster chip. Plus I NEVER has seen the detail such as their maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by grb22 View Post
    badaxed, did the chip not provide ANY detail for the coves or creek arms off of the main channel? Areas like Cedar Creek or Hay Creek on the grand arm, did they cover those types of areas at all? Or was it just poor coverage only in a few isolated areas? I had planned to get one, but not sure now if they don't provide good coverage where I like to fish. I wasn't aware of this, sure seems like something that Navionics would be working to correct. That is pretty sad service IMO. Not good.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lake Master sounds good. Hopefully they will get some of the MO lakes mapped in the near future. Randy if I am off the first part of the week you guys are here I can lay you a trail from Bucksaw to some of the better areas. You can just follow me while I run the main lake channel and lay a trail on your GPS and then you should be good to go for the week. Most coves you will want to idle in and out of anyway. Most have some pretty good snags at the mouth of the creeks and coves. But as long as you know the channel so you can get to them you will be ok. Most of the fishing the first of May end of April can be done in one creek and one big cove both with in 5 miles of Bucksaw. We will make sure you northern boys don't get lost or end up on top of a big tree somewhere. Can't wait for camp to get here.

Post Thanks / Like

None, NADA, ZIP. I was extremely dissapointed. I ordered this chip from BPS after I called Navionics and they sent me a few screen picks of the dam/main lake area. The upper ends of the grand and tebo creek were not even on the chip. I did not see any of the coves with depths. some coves were not on the chip. I will not buy a navionics chip again. It could be possible that there may be good maps on some of the higher end HB or Lowerance units. The uni map that is installed on my new hb597 ci di hd has at least shorlines but no depth lines for truman. I will at least be able to navigate as I have an old fishing Hotspots map tha provides decent detail, just will not be a able to use the navionics chip much on my new locater/gps. You open the chip from the package and you can not return it. I feel ripped off by these yahoo's. on the flip side I called lakemaster about Mo. It is in thier near future to do Mo. It is incredible with the interactive depths and colors what you can do with the Lakemaster chip. Plus I NEVER has seen the detail such as their maps.
    That is unbelievable! Jeez, talk about your false advertising. A lake map that doesn't map the lake?!?! What a novel idea!! Glad I read this post, saved me from wasting $$ and being totally po'd . I hate doing business with companies like that. I would think that BPS and/or Cabelas would let people know about crapola like this; I talked to a guy recently at BPS about the navionics card and he never said word one about this silliness. Sure hope Lakemaster comes out with their's soon (course, then Navionics will MIRACULOUSY suddenly come out with an upgrade to their chip about the same time!). I'm with you, forget buying anything from them, now or in the future.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Like I had said before when they were here with there big boats mapping the lake a few years ago the upper ends of the lake and most coves were froze. So they did not get a lot of it mapped. It was neat watching them do it. Looked like they were combining wheat. If I remember right they had 6 boats and had them staggered as the made their way up the lake. Would like to see the Lake Master map for Truman when they get it done. The Lake Insight mapping that is built in my Lowrance HDS is pretty sweet but would be nice to have the channel more defined or in a differant color. I use my paper maps before hitting new areas that gives me a pretty good idea before getting in the boat then use my insight mapping. The paper maps show more of the tree rows and timber than my insight so it is nice to use both to stay safe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast