Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sinking condos

Post Thanks / Like

Default sinking condos

hey guys im going to sink a few and was wondering do just drop them over or could you lower them with a rope i kinda like the rope idea but have never heard anybody mention it
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I think most just drop them over and let 'em sink. And it's cheaper not to use rope That said, I've used some heavy cord to drop trees where I want 'em under the dock.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

If you use rope to drop them, doesn't somebody have to swim down to untie the rope???

Post Thanks / Like

Default cant swim

not if you know how
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

When sinking cover, you may have a problem keeping the cover upright when it hits the bottom. If you tie a rope to the cover, you can gently place it on the bottom and keep it upright. Afterwards, you just reach your hand into the water and cut the rope as far down as you can reach. The remaining rope just stays in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you can double the rope and rap it around the top, guide it down, release one end, then pull the other end up. You don't lose any rope that way. In the water the weight of the structure will lose about 40% so it isn't like you'll be holding a lot, just guiding it down.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I always put a eye bolt in the concrete and run a rope thru the eye and lower it down and when it hits bottom I raise it up and down to make sure it is seated on the bottom and up right. I then let go of one end of the rope and pull the rope up. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rope ?

We just use plenty of bamboo. When you concrete them in , put plenty enough to give a little lift. Each section of bamboo holds air which can cause them not to sink , if ratio of bamboo to concrete is not right.Make sure there is enough concrete to sink condo. Toss overboard and it should right it self. PVC on the other hand ,we use a jug or cap some to hold air. This gives the lift needed to make them right themselves.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

All of the condos we've sunk have stayed upright. With all that concrete in there, they just go straight down.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    When sinking cover, you may have a problem keeping the cover upright when it hits the bottom. If you tie a rope to the cover, you can gently place it on the bottom and keep it upright. Afterwards, you just reach your hand into the water and cut the rope as far down as you can reach. The remaining rope just stays in the water.
    I feel sorry for the guy who gets the rope caught in his prop.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast