Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Caught a few Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Caught a few Friday

Went down to the oxbow on my lease Fri and kept 11 good slabs 1lb-1-1/2 lbs. 1 bass about 2.5 lbs and a big honkin bream. I lost 5 other crappie at the boat. Started about 9:30 and left about 2:00. Caught all of them on 1/16th black and chartruse marabou jig that I tied in about 4 ft of water, 18-24" deep. They were all caught by dragging the jig the small stick-ups outside the main trees around the lake next to the open water. I could not catch a single fish from a cypress tree.It was pretty fun pulling that jig and all of a sudden "thump" there he is. Kind of new to me , used to just woking the trees. Took me about an hour to figure the pattern out, but after that it was on. Going back asap. Let ya'll know how I did.

See ya 3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! I know what you mean about the trees. They are off the trees right now for a couple different reasons. They are liking the laydown structure that is typically hanging over the "dropoffs" in my neck of the woods. Pre-staging I believe in the shallow water lakes works a little different than in the bigger waters like Quachita, Maumelle, etc.......

Caught 56 saturday doing the same. However, don't overlook the buckbrush in between the trees. They are starting to gather on some of the brush(smaller males, 3/4 lb or so.).
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

56 You had a really good day, way to go!

lwalker209 Guest

Default Great Day

Had a great day myself last Sat. Me and a friend caught 57 slaps on the AR River on North Little Rock side.