Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter Was Over

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Was Over

Yesterday (Friday) had a crappie trip planned for Brownlee- weather was in the high 40's sun was out no wind -perfect-no? Made the mistake of looking at the weather picture before leaving. Well sir the outlook for the area we were fishing was bleak. High winds,showers yad yad yad. You guessed it we postponed for Sat.( today) which was considerably better.
    Up this morning chomping at the bit looked out the window and spit the bit out. Snowing hard with an inch on the ground.
    Seems like we have had winter here in Eastern Oregon for the last nine months but can't all be bad means the reservoirs will fill. With higher water levels means we can fish areas for crappies we have not been able to for the last several years(drought conditions).
    Ok find e shovel and clear a path to the mail box..............Doh

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat has been dry for too long also.......
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

STILL VERY COLD HERE. WIND AND SNOW SQUALLS HAVE KEPT ALL BUT THE FOOLHARDY HOME BY THE STOVE.i USE TO BE ONE OF THOSE FOOLHARDY GUYS BUT AS TIME MARCHES ON MY JOINTS DON'T WORK WELL IN THIS COLD. BELIEVE I WILL HUNT UP THE BEN-GAY AND SUIT UP FOR ANOTHER TRY AT BEING FOOLHARDY.
    JUST HAD A FULL TOP MADE FOR MY BOAT SO CAN SURELY FIND A COVE OUT OF THE WIND TO ANCHOR IN. UNZIP THE SIDE CURTAIN A CRACK AND STICK THE POLE OUT. SURE BEATS WATCHING OPRAY ON THE TUBE.HAHA

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana isnt much better, we had record highs a few days ago and now we're back to 27 for low with snow. The forcast for tommorrow says rain high of 47 LOL. Most of the small lakes are still iced over or half thawed. I dont when Ill get the boat in the water. I may have to try out your idea Fishnfool! I know dressin heavy to go fishing isnt that much fun! Panfish16
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spring will come sooner or later...(hopefully not later)

Post Thanks / Like

68 and sunny here is Saturdays forcast,I'll be thinking about ya'll while I'm looking for some slabs.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Not much has changed here since the 22 still bitter cold. Looked out this morning and much to my surprise watched the squirrels ice skate on the dog bowl. I have put the time waiting for a break in the weather to good use. Went thru all the crappie tackle. Its now organized as never before. Oh did I mention this is the second time thru it? Now I'm wondering what to do next. Yeah I know there are some of you thinking "you wuss get out there and fish" Good idea but every road out of here is either snow covered or snowing.
    Did someone cancel Spring and forget to tell us? OK enough whining its coming I just know it is..............