Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Maumelle River Action

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Maumelle River Action

Fishing was pretty goog in the cypress before the bad weather. Nothing doing this weekend though. Anyone have any luck this weekend?
    Last edited by Panfish; 02-27-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 56 Saturday. Biggest was 15" with 7 over 13". The rest 11-12" in deep water (12ft.) fishing about 4' deep with Yum Wooly Beavertails and 1/4 oz. heads.

Sunday - Only caught 16 biggest 13.5", the rest about 12".

Pic's to come as soon as I fix the camera hook up to the computer. ARRGGGHHHHHH.......today's technology.
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some of recent catches

Here are some recent catches......some dinks, some nice ones.
    Last edited by dafshklr; 04-02-2007 at 12:52 PM.
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice catch.......

Post Thanks / Like

What is the water like at the Little Maumelle River? Does it move fast? Is it deep? Would I be alright with a trolling motor only on it?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmbutler47
    What is the water like at the Little Maumelle River? Does it move fast? Is it deep? Would I be alright with a trolling motor only on it?
    Thanks
    I fish it regularly. For the most part, it is very narrow (about 50-60 yds wide). The channel is about 20-25' deep. I haven't seen much flowing water. It may get worse with more rain, but I really don't know. You would probably be ok with a TM, since you don't have to get into the main river.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn good catch Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by dafshklr
    Here are some recent catches......some dinks, some nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by dmbutler47
    Thanks
    Butler you will be fine with a trolling motor only.

I have lived in Little Rock all my life and know that area well. I used to be on a canoe racing team and we worked out on those waters and never really saw any flow to speak of. Just dont go downstream and your fine. The place is easy to find and launch and its close to the interstate.

Another place is out by Maumelle harbor. Theres a guy out there that has a little lauch that cost a buck or two. It would be a great place with your set up. You lauch right in the middlle of a cypress area that just screams crappie. Hear the guy at the launch is a real crappie nut and chases em pretty much all the time. Say he is a great source of info. Also heard he lets you launch 24/7 no problems so you can do a nightstalk.

Keep us posted on your success.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little maumelle River.....

I plan on going there myself this weekend. Up toward the upper end in the Cypress trees to check the fish and see if they are moving up yet. I hope the weather stays good!
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dafshklr
    I plan on going there myself this weekend. Up toward the upper end in the Cypress trees to check the fish and see if they are moving up yet. I hope the weather stays good!
    I may run out there myself this weekend. I usually fish Maumelle but when its windy I just cant fish it. I need a secondary spot to go when the waves are rolling so I may run out and scout some on the creek.

What kind of presentation are you using to catch those crappie? Also are you putting in below the I-430 bridge or off Pinacle valley rd? And finaly what kind of boat are you fishing out of? I will be in an aluminum traveler with a 50 horse Johnson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast