Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In-Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default In-Fisherman

Has anyone read the article Cranking Early Crappies in In_Fisherman magazine. I would love to hear any thoughts on this subject.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No one here can read. We are waiting for the CD to come out. LOL
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a good article. I have a crappieworld/crappie mag stash and I went back a found an article about trolling cranks along creek channels that produces quality crappies? Don't know if they hang up all the time, but if shad and fish are below them(in timber laden coves) its worth a shot? They where trollin Grappler shads and gave two sizes but didnt say which ones though?? Brad

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gone fishin, I usually find every piece of trash in my path when I troll. I have had some success casting cranks toward the bank into about 3 fow and returning down the dropoff towards the river channel. I found this by accident when looking for feeding green fish that frequent that area. I used a small mid depth bait, I think a Bill Norman, with a white belly and a chartreuse back. Very basic and small, light enough to feel like it belonged on a rod with 6lb test. Of course, a mixed bag is a given when working an area like this, but on the one day I couldn't catch anything but crappie, a good thing. Most were keepers or almost keepers, with few dinks. I've also caught them on suspending jerk baits, mostly using natural colors like black or brown backs. Long pauses and a small twitch to keep it in place generated bites. Hope this gives you options.....Skeet.

PS, don't forget to work any rip rap with this technique.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around