Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clark Hill President's Day Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clark Hill President's Day Weekend

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to this forum and I hope I can get some help. With the beautiful weather we are having, I am feeling the itch to wet a line this weekend. Problem is, my boat is currently out of action. Anyone have any good spots for slabs accessible from the shore. I usually spend my time in the area south of Bussey point and around the Pointes West camp (Little River). I think there are supposed to be some attractors on the east side of the road right before the Little River bridge and on the west side just across the bridge. Has anyone fished these attractors, or does anyone have any other ideas/success stories? Planning to get going early in the morning. Wish me luck!

'Stache

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards powers. I cant help ya with the bank fishing though...sorry.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC! What I would do if I was bankfishing right now is ride along the lake till you see people fishing. Some good areas are 378 lincolnton to mccormic hwy, 79N fishing creek, ivey town road soap creek. If no one is bankfishing there tomorrow it will be a shock to me. Get some weighted corks and black/chart jigs and throw out as far as you can get it and slow retrieve back.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bow man and DI. Got the corks and the jigs. I'll definitely check out your tips, DI. So, anyone out there go after them with a fly rod? I've done it, years ago, with my dad, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any tips for fly rodding the crappie. Hope to see y'all out there in the morning...

Post Thanks / Like

dont know of anyone that fly fishes for crappie, but im sure it will work.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wait until the water warms up a bit and they start moving to shallow water. I have some flies that I think will work well for Crappie. Can't wait to try it out.